Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Dizzle online-being a hologram

I'm nobody and I know nothing.

I know it's a grandious statement. But it is true. I have a limited presence online. If someone that knew me from my Hooters days about a year and a half ago, typed 'the dizzle' in a search engine they would find nothing (nothing about me anyway-i hope). Put in J. Deveaux, jdevo25, J. L. Deveaux; facebook, youtube, linkedin, brazen careerest, vimeo and maybe two other sites might pop up. There's probably still a myspace account of me chugging a beer holding a cute girls in a bikini.

That was who I was online then.

Honestly I'm not an expert on online branding or cultivating relationships with other people through online media. I just know that it's all about telling a story. And Telling a story is just like any other kind of art-It can be broken down into a formula.

I'm not giving anything away by pointing out something people already know. There is a patern to all the randomness of shock humor, fart jokes and stupid humor of viral videos and random tweets (Russel Brand is weirdly brilliant-oh those brits-and @shitmydadsays-wish my dad could get me a book/movie deal-he's still awesome n his normalness)



Building tension

Maintaining poeples attention

Not waisting peoples time by bogging them down with long and unneccassry fluff and fodder to get to the point

Pay as you go(fulfill promises of enterainment in action)

Anybody can be a star online (Tila Tequila-anybody?-anybody?-exactly!). MTV just gave me a reason to break down the door they just cracked open.

I had better line than that to end this with but I got side tracked after I had to give my dad a trim and clean up.

Regardless on to Red Lobster for pops day. I may be broke but the simple things make the people that matter in my life feel special.

Nominate @jdevo25 for MTV TJ at www.zync.mtv.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment