Sunday, June 20, 2010

Super Cobra Kung Fu Kick - Karate Kid (updated)

'Karate Kid' has been out for a while. It hasn't been out as long as other movies that I've blogged about recently. But I'm not as worried about ruining other peoples' movie going experience. 'Karate Kid' just doesn't seem like a remake that would have that many opportunities to be spoiled.



It delivers on all expectations of a fun summer movie to go see with the family. The only thing that caught me off gaurd was the old school Virtua Fighter style finisher that Jadan Smith used to when the boss battle/conflict resolution. (I will continue to call Jadan Smith by his name in this blog 'cause the woman that was sitting in the row immediately ahead of me constantly repeated his name while I was watching the movie any time he came on screen.-"Get him Jadan.")

The best part about a fun family summer movie is the fact that you don't have to think or figure anything out while the pictures flash in front of you. The call back to the original with a super impossible move to show how much Jadan had to put into winning just made me think to hard after I left the movie theater.

It was cool-don't get me wrong. I just had to figure out where it came from after I saw it. I guess after Jadan got his leg broke like Machio (from the original), Mr. Hong's (Jackie Chan) super Kung Fu magic healed him enough that he mastered the techniques he wasn't ready to handle because of his lack of focus.

And he had to put 'em all together 'cause he only had one leg to work with. Since the Megatron video screen that was replayin the fight and keeping track of points for the audience inspired him to do something Mr. Hong never thought possible while he was teaching Jadan how to take off and put on his jacket-the Super Cobra Kung Fu Kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment