Friday, June 18, 2010

I wanna be an MTV TJ

I just found out about an opportunity to work for MTV as a TJ; I'm assuming this stands for Twitter Jockey. The moment I saw Sway and his dreads and heard him say that there was yet another opportunity to be apart of the cattle call for budding unknown internet talent, I had to jump at the opportunity.

I saw a show that only had like 6 episodes that came on so late I'm not supprised barely anyone knew about it. It was called, 'I Want to Write For Rolling Stone.' It was around the time I decided to change my major from engineering to creative writing.

After I saw that show and the way that it changed those peoples' lives, it gave me faith that MTV might be getting back to a degree of substance with it's programing. Don't get me wrong, style sells well before substance is on the radar. But I just remembered when MTV used to be on the ragedy edge.

The first season of Real World changed the landscape of documentary film and helped sier in reality . . . entertainment-it goes way passed television now.

This experiment proves that. Yes I am doing a bit of **** riding, but it is still true.

I wann be an MTV TJ. http://tj.mtv.com/open-nomination/

And I can write. And I can edit. And I can produce entertaining viral video in FCP and Imovie without appearing on screen.

And I am just another nobody trying to make it with a crappy toshiba laptop; to much free time on my hands; and way too many networking tools at my disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment